I had hoped to fill this page with as much as the 2000 page, but I didn't quite make it. I'll blame the fact that I was working some of the year for the shortage. =)
As of January 2010, it would appear that all but one of these is now out of print.
My husband chose this design after I chickened out of a much more complicated photograph chart. Incredibly simple and quick, I stitched this one in about 6 hours while watching my kids and a couple of movies. =)
The first of a series of three hearts, this one took me about 5 months to complete because I kept putting it down and not stitching for days, sometimes weeks, at a time. It's a reasonably easy pattern to stitch, as there are only full stitches and three of the quarter stitches in the lettering. Where it gets difficult is the intricate backstitching. It's very difficult to keep track of what you've already backstitched while looking at the design. If you have to ability to see something in reverse, so to speak, you might do as I did, and choose to follow the first half of the heart rather than the book while backstitching the second half. I have every intention of finishing the series, but probably not for a while yet. I need a break from all those detailed flowers. =)
An adorable birth sampler I did for a coworker. She owns Manx cats, so I left the tail out of the picture for her. I'm happy to say she absolutely loved it. I can't wait to see what she does with it. Very easy and quick to stitch, this project took me about a month, including a week of not being able to work on it for lack of the necessary colors. I will say this, though... I am no longer afraid of french knots! =) Please forgive the lousy color on the scan; the actual picture isn't really that green, but very pretty.
Well, it's not cross stitch, but it is something I did this year for my kids. =) It only took me about 3 weeks and I had a lot more trouble keeping my kids and kittens from stealing the yarn than I did working the rug. LoL! I'm happy with it, but it's nearly impossible to mess up a latchhook rug, so I guess I should be happy with it. We haven't decided where to put it yet, and I still have to stitch the edges down and get the binding for the back of it, but at least I finally got a picture of it to post here. =)
He's finally finished! I really lost my motivation to stitch while doing this kit and it took me a good month to finish him. Now don't get me wrong; this is a VERY easy kit to stitch with more than enough quality DMC threads supplied. I just fell into the trap of sitting down with the stitching and the TV remote and somehow managing to watch two or three movies, fix meals, straighten up, etc etc without once picking up the project. My son is absolutely thrilled that I'm finished with him and has already decided which side of Woody he's going to hang. Now about that framing.....
A quick gift I put onto a little towel for a friend before she headed for the other side of the Atlantic. Real simple, real quick, and real true.
I couldn't have cut it any closer to the New Year mark if I'd used a stopwatch. =) I was determined to finish this sampler before 2002 and I managed to do it about ten minutes before we rushed out the door to go to a New Year's Eve party. Of course, it's not completely finished as the baby this was stitched for hasn't yet arrived. Four months is a long time to think about, change, think about, and change the name, so I'm going to wait until he's here to stitch that information in. LoL!